July 29, 2010

Post #100 - An Ebullient Duke Summer's Day

Browsing some of Duke University's vintage photo albums on Flicker proved incredibly rewarding when I stumbled upon this little gem of a picture. Taken in 1986 by then Duke student Mark Estrada , this B&W photo manages to encapsulate the things that make me love Duke as much as I do: the incredible architecture that gives the campus an aged and mysterious feel, the great weather of the south and the desire for learning and bettering one's self that I see in so many fellow "Dukies". If you never thought you could get a tan and catch up on your reading, all the while being part of an amazing campus, this here picture will prove you wrong. I have been saving it for a special occasion and I couldn't think of one that would be more fitting than celebrating the 100th post on this blog.


To Duke and to many many more posts to come; I thank y'all so much for reading and following!








2 comments:

  1. where'd you get this picture?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Michelle, I found the picture in the Duke Yearlook photo stream on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dukeyearlook/3150896048/

    ReplyDelete