May 25, 2010

Urban Inspiration #1 - Flower Power

I have wanted to start featuring the most interesting looks I see on the many Urban Inspiration sites out there for a while. Here's the first of the many to come.

Courtesy of Lookbook.nu


This look, featured on Lookbook.nu by the amazing Dennis R. from Manila, Philippines, embodies what I consider the spirit of a warm blithe summer. The trichromacy of the light blue Linen Jacket, the navy Cuffed Pinstriped Shorts and his pink Y T-Shirt is perfectly balanced and the fact that the shoes contain splashes of all three colours is the cherry on top of the cake. Even though those amazing Paul Smith. Loafers are out of this world, I like to think I would have the bravado to pull them off.

The only thing I feel neutral about is his bag, even though my jealousy for Dennis owning so many Birkin bags is ineffable. I feel that a bag the colour of his shorts would have complimented the whole look much better, rather than it being matched with the belt.

No comments:

Post a Comment