March 27, 2010

Of Hate and Envy

What recently came up on my Facebook News Feed, via my fellow Dukie friend David O., was the following T-shirt, sold by our good old friends at Urban Outfitters.


As a good Dukie, my first reaction was that of outrage, however it soon subsided and rather turned into a feeling of glowing pride. What I realized was that if a Urban Outfitters' (*cough* Tar Heel *cough*) feelings of hatred and envy towards our University were so far entrenched that they felt the need to slap it on a t-shirt and sell it all over the nation in their stores, we should be proud of such an envy-inducing institution. I am not of course saying that we should all buy these t-shirts and wear them around, but that we should not see Urban Outfitters' decision to sell these T-shirts in a negative way. The T-shirt says Puke when it actually wants to  say Duke is better and therefore I hate it.



To all my Tarheel friends I ask you kindly not to purchase this item., which can be found here.

GO BLUE DEVILS !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment